Saturday, November 5, 2011

2 month progress!

Hi guys,

I know I haven't been on here recently. Before I get too far, here are my progress pics:

Day of Surgery


One month out:

Two months out:
Total lost pre-op and post-op: 59 lbs as of yesterday morning.

I met with my trainer at the Y a week ago, and I am back on the elliptical! I forgot how great it feels to jog without pressure on my joints. I still enjoy the park by our house for the walking trail on a nice day, but with it getting dark earlier, it's usually only weekends when I can make it to the trail.

In another week or so I will start back on weight training, which I am super excited about to help sculpt some muscles.

My next follow up with the dr is the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. In order to reach his goal, I need to lose 6 lbs a week between now and then. I think I can, I think I can. I have just noticed my trend is a big loss (10 lbs or more) then a week or two of small losses (2-3 lbs) and then another big loss, so I am optimistic to meet his goal.

I have also noticed that drinking a ton of water every day helps get me to the bigger losses, so if you see me out and about and I don't have water in my hand - I'm in trouble. ha.

I still struggle with pre-op mentalities of calorie counting and portion control. I get obsessed with calorie counting, intake and burning, but my plan focuses on protein first, then if there is any room, vegetables, fruits, and lastly carbs. Since my sleeve is so small, I barely have room for the protein much less anything else. However, I still look at calories and start to question if I am eating too much since I am at the high end of the 600-800 calories a day guideline. Still working through the pre-op thinking. I am learning to split meals or order appetizers as meals, but some days I still forget and order a normal size meal then get weird looks from the waitresses and waiters when I need a to go box for 85% of my meal. Most of them are too polite to question anything other than "Was everything alright?"

Overall, I think every day is better than the last (with a few exceptions). I love the endorphin rush of jogging on the elliptical to my music and not getting so winded I have to stop after 5 minutes. I also love watching people's reactions when they haven't seen me in a while. It's a great mood boost! I can't believe it's only been 2 months. This is a great journey, and I am excited to see what's around the next bend!

No comments: